Baby Week 37: During this week, your baby may have the following milestone or habit development:
- Try to get a toy placed in the distance and seemingly out of reach.
- Inspect how certain things fall off the ground
How to take care of your 9 month old baby – Week 37
If you need to travel for a few days, it may not be easy for the baby to get used to being taken care of by caregivers, grandparents and others; even if those who love your baby so much. This is because your baby is used to and is heavily dependent on you, so your baby might develop the feeling of fear and rejection. You can try to get these people closer to your baby slowly and gently, so your baby can proactively reach out to someone other than you.
At this age, the baby has no concept of travel and does not know what it means to travel. But babies will know they are in a strange environment and are surrounded by different people. Your baby may experience resisting and have strange behavior, hence, prepare something to attract them, or distract them from being separated from you and from the new environment, such as fun picture books, soundstoys, blocks or stack-able stuff, dolls, and personal soothing items (if available) belonging to your baby, such as blankets, towels, pacifiers, puppets, and more. Arrange a lot of quiet breaks, try to stay away from unfamiliar people, and relieve stress on your baby.
Health information for your 9 moth old baby – Week 37
Every pediatrician has a personal health check procedure for your baby. This includes the medical examination, equipment used, technology and evaluation criteria, the type and schedule of examinations, and the number of outpatient visits and procedures. It also varies according to the needs of the baby.You can expect the following checks:
- You may be asked on how your baby is being cared for at home or at your mother’s home, including diet, sleep, health, growth and general development.
- If you are a working person who entrusts your baby to another carer, you can ask your doctor for questions or questions about your child’s upbringing during a health check.
- Measurement for baby’s weight, length and head circumference, as well as growth curve.
- You may also be asked or can ask a doctor about how to take care of your baby when you return to work (if you are returning as a working parent).
The needs and development of your baby – Week 37
Most babies will have a cold 8 to 10 times before the age of 2. When your baby has a cold, the main thing you can do is keep them comfortable, and your baby will have their own ability to fight the virus and restore health.
To help your baby, you can:
- Give them plenty of rest and your baby may sleep longer or more than usual.
- Place your baby’s head pad a little higher and place a towel or crib blanket under the mattress to support your baby’s head and help them breathe more easily and smoothly.
- Give your baby a warm bath.
- Provide plenty of moisture and feed your baby mother’s milk, formula or water.
- Use saline and straw, rubber ball syringe or syringe to rinse or remove viscous secretions such as nasal snot or sputum in the mouth.
- Put a humidifier in your baby’s room, or hold your baby in a warm bath full of steam, or give your baby a bath for about 15 minutes to help clear out your baby’s airway.
- Consult your baby’s family physician before taking cold medicine or nasal sprays.
- Don’t take Aspirin, Ephedra, Ephedrine, or any drug containing these ingredients.
You can give your baby Acetaminophen to alleviate the symptoms of fever, but only if you determine the appropriate dosage for your baby. If you are unsure, call your doctor.
- If symptoms do not improve and worsen after 5 days, or if symptoms persist for more than 10 to 14 days, contact a doctor.
- If your baby is having trouble breathing, sleeping while eating, crying, pulling ears, or your baby’s temperature is above 38.3 degrees Celsius, call 911 immediately
- To prevent colds, wash your hands and your baby frequently, and ask others to wash their hands before carrying them. Keep your baby away from patients and smokers.
- The longer you breast-feed your baby, the better and healthier he or she will be. The mother’s immune molecules in breast milk can help your baby reduce the chance of having a cold.
Changes in sleeping habits of a 9 month old baby – Week 37
The quality of your baby’s sleep is more important than the length of sleep. If your baby is reluctant to take a nap or resists a nap, causing noisy and excessive fatigue before dinner, this may be proof of the need for extra sleep. However, some babies don’t want to spend their valuable play time just to sleep. However, lack of sleep makes your baby slow to react, feel less happy and less cooperative during the day.
If your baby doesn’t have enough sleep but seems to have enough sleep, please try to encourage your baby to sleep more. Try sending your baby to bed, feed your baby first, put on a clean diaper, and accompany your baby with soft music to relax. Massaging your baby in a dimly lit room is also a good idea.
Don’t give up even if your baby doesn’t fall asleep instantly. Some babies take longer to get settled. If that doesn’t work, you might need to put your baby around in a stroller or walker, or have your baby sit in the car seat and carry them around.
Reminder for novice parents
Let your baby eat at the table
Your baby should start sitting on an adult’s lap, practicing eating, learning table manners and socializing. When you have time, try putting your baby in a high chair during meal time, pulling it to the table, letting your baby get used to sitting in his seat, giving him something convenient to hold with his finger, and engaging your baby in conversations and interaction.
Loss of interest in breast milk
If your baby continues to refuse to sit and drink breast milk in your arms, try these tricks:
- Feed your baby in a quiet corner or room. A curious 8, 9 months old baby easily exposed to external influences can quickly be distracted by TV, fire truck alarms on the road, dog passing through, or simply anything that makes noise in this world. To keep your baby focused on current feeding tasks, you can feed and take care of your baby in a quiet room. This method gently soothes and relaxes your baby.
- Feed them while they want to sleep. Breastfeeding is the first thing you do every morning before you start getting busy with other tasks. Feed your baby breast milk after a warm bath or massage at night, or before nap.
- Carrying your baby on your chest and feeding your baby while doing things can also be effective. Some babies are actionists and they like to be involved, making sure they are not forgotten or missed.
If your baby is not interested in drinking mother’s milk after various attempts, they may not really want to drink.While you may not be ready for this baby’s development milestone, there’s nothing you can do.
It is best to keep breast feeding your baby until 1 year of age. If you don’t have enough milk for your baby, add formula. If your baby is accustomed to using bottles, you can feed your breast milk or formula into the bottle. If you want to see your baby develop his motor skill faster, step further, and can try feeding your baby with a cup. Babies who learn to eat in a cup early, are usually considered advanced.
Keep your baby healthy as well as your own comfort in the process of weaning.The process of gradual weaning gives baby time to get used to a phased increase in formula intake before completely discarding mother’s milk. It also allows your body to naturally reduce the production of mother’s milk to avoid the severe pain of breast milk.