Baby Week 42: During this time your baby can sit confidently, even walk with furniture, or simply walk and stand alone, or try to grab toys from the floor when they stand. If your baby doesn’t walk yet, don’t worry, most babies take the first step in life at about 12 months old, and some start walking until 18 months old.
During the second week of month 10, your baby can do the following: (Week 42)
- Sit down without assistance.
- Clap and wave hands
- Pick up small things with their fingers (remove dangerous items from your baby’s sight)
- Move small furniture around
- Know the meaning of “no”, but not necessarily follow it.
How to take care of your 10 month old baby – Week 42
Avoid foods that can easily choke a baby such as raw carrots and whole grapes, so please provide your baby with vegetables, cheese and fruit which are already peeled and cut into small pieces.
Health information for your 10 month old baby – Week 42
Most pediatricians wont’t schedule a routine checkup this month. If you observe something wrong with your baby, you don’t have to wait until next month, you can contact your doctor immediately.
The needs and development of your 10 month old baby – Week 42
It is important to note that mosquito bites, perhaps insect bites do not affect adults, but may cause harm to the baby. Most mosquito bites are not fatal unless your baby has an allergic reaction to venom. Here’s how to deal with mosquito bites:
- Wash the affected area with soap and water.
- Consult a doctor before giving any medication to your baby.
- Consult a doctor if your baby has symptoms of diarrhea or fever, or signs of infection such as swelling, redness and pain after 24 hours of bite.
If your baby is bitten by an insect or mosquito, the following reactions may occur:
- Difficulty breathing, asthma
- Dizziness, abdominal pain, vomiting
- Flushing face (overly red cheeks)
- Swelling of tongue, hands and face
- If your baby is having drowsiness, it may also be like shock symptoms
- If your baby is allergic, visit the emergency room.
How to prevent mosquito bites on my 10 month old baby – Week 42
You can’t completely eliminate all mosquitoes, and of course you can’t just keep your child indoors, but you can use insect repellent for infants and toddlers to wear light-coloured long sleeve trousers, white or light colors less attractive to mosquitoes. When eating outdoors, avoiding rubbing with lotions or using soaps that smell too fragrant.
Reminder for parents – Week 42
You may be worried about why your baby keeps pulling her hair.There are two reasons for pulling hair: first, baby tries to reshape the feeling of sucking mother’s breasts and being stroked on the head during infant feeding, and secondly, to soothe themselves when feeling stress, especially excessive fatigue or grumpy temper.
From time to time, pulling hair is normal, and harmless to health. If the hair loss caused by continuous and vigorously pulling hair, it must be noted that the following are some tips to prevent babies from pulling their hair:
- Give your baby more care, especially when he feels stressful.
- Keep their hair short so that they don’t pull their hair.
- Give your baby something else to get them distracted.
Read: Baby Week 18: 4-5 Month Old Pink or Red Eye